My work includes prints, installations and artist’s books that reflect on human embodied experience and engage theories from ecology, architecture and the history of print. The ephemeral nature of printed paper, as well as its easy expression of ordinariness, are springboards for my conceptual exploration of our material and spiritual existence. I believe that art has the capacity to tell the story of the spiritual life of
human beings and can be a catalyst or tool for healing in a society. My practice is an attempt to contribute to this possibility.
SANCTUARY is an installation made of printed and cut paper that invites viewer participation through an exchange of stories. Viewers can contribute stories to the installation and take away a copy of an editioned artist’s book. With each exhibition the print, cut, and folded elements of SANCTUARY are to be transformed and constructed anew in response to the stories submitted by the public. If I am honored to be selected into the November fair, I propose to present SANCTUARY, inviting the public to interact with this printmaking installation.
Premios o distinciones destacables
- Artist Residency, Art Print Residence, Barcelona, Spain
- Zentrale Residency, Institut für Alles Mögliche, Berlin, Germany
- Artist Residency, Fine Arts Work Center in Provincetown, MA
- Artist Residency, Blue Mountain Center, Blue Mountain Lake, NY
- Pollock-Krasner Foundation Grant
- Fine Arts Work Center in Provincetown Winter Fellowship
Obras de Carrie Scanga
Contacta con Carrie a través del formulario